Gut Reactions and trivia - For the hell of it

Ryan

IS A HALL OF FAMER :)
Last fed you were in, how long ago:
-- FUSE? I think. Maybe it was SCCW? I think it was FUSE. But after that, it was more writing games than efeds.

Last RP match you had, who won:
-- If memory serves, it was either Nate or Tchu. They won, regardless. It depends on the next answer, which match happened first.

Last title you held:
-- Hmmmm. PTC Universal or FUSE World Title. I think it was the FUSE Title, but they both came and went right around the same time. Such a fun series of matches/roleplays/opponents.

Last person to send you a PM before PTC closed:
-- Ross. About a photo thread.

Last thing you posted about here before PTC closed:
-- Youtube videos. Because...I'm an idiot. Haha.

For those who are no longer with us, did you have a match with Sean, if so, where abouts and who won it?
-- I'll start by saying that each time I think of Sean's passing, I get the chills. I remember Katie posting about it, I replied, and then we talked for what feels like forever about circumstances, news, etc. Sean and I were never close -- much like Aaron, our history was marred more by butting heads early on than it was by anything else. We never really hated each other, we just never "got" the hype that followed the other person. But after awhile, those silly things all faded away and the friendship was fun and reciprocated by both. I was never as close as I was with someone like Nate or Ben, but Sean and I had very honest talks about ewrestling that I haven't had with many other people -- and those honest talks are likely how we hashed out our problems and moved past them.

And in truth, I only remember our first match: Seymour Almasy vs Archibald MacGregor. At least I *THINK* it was our first match. A lot of stuff spilled out of that match.

Last thing you thought about relating to ew before the "lets put the forums post back online" post went up on Facebook.
-- I messaged Ross about a year ago trying to access the forums because I wanted to locate old stories and grab the feedback so I could potentially adapt them into a short film.

Handlers you miss hanging out with:
-- Everyone. That seems like a generic answer, but coming on and just seeing silly posts by Varga or speaking about life lessons with Nate or being in awe of something that Dave or BVI posted...it's a comfort that I wish was still around. One of the "You don't miss it until it's gone" feelings.

Handlers you still talk to:
-- If you're friends with me on Facebook, odds are I've likely left you a message, liked a photo, wrote on a status, or posted something fucking dumb. I like seeing Matt raise his daughter, Nate's growing family, joke with Aaron about things, hear from Justin about writing, watch Lindz ping-pong across the country a few times. I wouldn't say there is a lot of direct conversations -- but I'm lurking and paying attention.

Ever meet any handlers?
-- I've met a few but mostly prior to PTC, and I'm sure I'll meet more because I go to SDCC each year and a lot of guys from my ewrestling past also go. I would love to meet Joe, just to see how Ginger he is instead of Bitter Old. :D

Something significant that happened in your life in the last 8 years that made you happy.
-- I moved from Delaware to Los Angeles four years ago, switched careers into Production, and now make music videos and commercials and all sorts of fun stuff that I know pretty much everyone reading this has seen at least something I've worked on. My cat Crumbles is still around, although 13 and I can tell life is slowing her down. I don't have hair anymore, so that's a negative. But I fucking love karaoke now, so that's a double positive. I also ramble.

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter -- @Murraypalooza. Say hi.

Jaden Kathel

teh Boomzy~!
Last fed you were in, how long ago:
If there were any after GCW then they have long since been forgotten.

Last RP match you had, who won:
Whoever it was against I've no doubt, that I no showed and they won lol.

Last title you held:
Not sure I ever held one in PTC circles, not likely given my RP output.

Last person to send you a PM before PTC closed:
Somehow only 1 conversation survived, it was with Gary who made the belts for GCW... he didn't reply lol but in fairness he'd been away from the community a long time and I titled the topic "Don't know if you'll ever see this".

Last thing you posted about here before PTC closed:
"pictures of Ryan's girlfriend... " as my response to the "Things I miss or am going to miss...." thread

For those who are no longer with us, did you have a match with Sean, if so, where abouts and who won it?
No, I was never even close to that dude's level.

Last thing you thought about relating to ew before the "lets put the forums post back online" post went up on Facebook.
Jordyanne Grace's recent tweet about efedding.

Handlers you miss hanging out with:
Fuck, so many over the years. I think of all the folks I had great relationships with that I've probably not thought about for many years; Ross & Loz, Matty Warr & Justin (Kid Cool) over in WWA, Matt Lainer in Core and later rW, Clint, Roo & Bobby and all the fuckers in DWO, Rhys, Katee, Jayo Marah (although we still send birthday greetings most years), Seth, Marq, Lindz was always super cool. Most especially the GCW lot; loved those fuckers; GBJ, Murr, Billy, Shane, Leah and of course SHAMAN~! (and others but old man memory problems)

Handlers you still talk to:
Ross #whateverthefucknumberyouwereBrookes & Jay are probably the only ones I regularly interact with that I didn't drag into the hobby from the oul real life business. Occassionally I hurl abuse at Murr over social media

Ever meet any handlers?
Just me old chum Ross, still to this day haven't figured out how Jay & I manage to continue avoiding each other

Something significant that happened in your life in the last 8 years that made you happy.
Got to be best man at Wig's (Lori Equinox) wedding :D That was pretty awesome

Last edited:

Jon Kano

Last fed you were in, how long ago: God, I can't remember the name of it but Hyde was running it. ACW? Maybe? 10 years ago.

Last RP match you had, who won: Don't remember the guys name but I won, which gave me the tour win. The fed was unique as we'd be on for a few weeks, then off for a few. I think technically Kano is owed a championship match for his efforts.

Last title you held: I don't believe I held anything post PCW, so it would have been PCW TV Championship.

Last person to send you a PM before PTC closed: Hyde

Last thing you posted about here before PTC closed: Some ramblings about the presidential election.

For those who are no longer with us, did you have a match with Sean, if so, where abouts and who won it? Never to my recollection.

Last thing you thought about relating to ew before the "lets put the forums post back online" post went up on Facebook. I wonder how much of this game drives my creative side some 15 years after I was truly active in it.

Handlers you miss hanging out with: It was a shoot that Boda, Al, and I were all friends. I do miss talking to those guys. The creativity of those two can't be understated. Chris and I could map out months of Boda vs. Kano storylines in an hour on AIM. Al and I could just riff on about anything.

Handlers you still talk to: Unfortunately, when I tapped out, I tapped out.

Ever meet any handlers? Negative.

Something significant that happened in your life in the last 8 years that made you happy. I've gone from having a job in IT to having a career and recently got a very significant promotion. I'm in my mid 30s now and if I stay in my current position for the rest of my career, I think I'd be happy.